WATCH HERE THE BROADCAST OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE FOR THE ENGLISH SPEAKING MEDIA
2021 George Enescu International Festival Launch Event for the English Speaking Media
In our online conference on March 30, starting at 13h00 EET (11.00 UK time; 12.00 Dutch time), we discuss the program of the 2021 Enescu Festival, the challenges of organizing such a large-scale event during the pandemic, what the Festival can offer to its artists and its audience, and the personality of George Enescu.The conference can be watched on the Festival website and its Facebook page.
The Enescu Festival, a hot spot of classical music that animates the Romanian capital city every two years and attracts music lovers from all over the world, proposes an exceptional programme to celebrate the 140th birthday of composer and violinist George Enescu. The organizers are making every effort to have the concerts held in halls, in strict compliance with health regulations, and streamed online for the worldwide audience.
Among the guest speakers:
- Vladimir Jurowski, Artistic Director, George Enescu International Festival (video message)
- Mihai Constantinescu, Executive Director, George Enescu International Festival
- Vasily Petrenko, Music Director of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra London
- Sir Simon Rattle, Conductor, Music Director of the London Symphony Orchestra (video message)
- Kathryn McDowell, Managing Director of the London Symphony Orchestra
- Ulrike Niehoff, Artistic Director of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam
- José Cura, Composer, Conductor
- Dmitri Sitkovetsky, Violinist
- Santtu-Matias Rouvali, Principal Conductor of the Philharmonia Orchestra (video message)
- Andrew Noble, Ambassador of United Kingdom to Romania
- Laura Popescu, Ambassador of Romania to the United Kingdom
- Roelof van Ees, Ambassador of The Netherlands in Romania
- Kathrin Deventer, European Festivals Association, Secretary-General
- Adam Fischer, conductor (Recorded message)
- James Williams, Managing Director of the Royal Philharmnic Orchestra London
Post event press release is available here.