Welcome to the Enescu Competition! You have made a great choice for your career! Some of the remarkable composers who participated in the George Enescu International Competition before you, and who have launched their international careers after the Competition, are: Sakai Kenji (Japan), Lam Lan – Chee (Hong Kong), Alexandru-Ștefan Murariu and Dan Dediu (Romania), Oliver Waespi (Switzerland), Megyery Krisztina (Hungary) and many more. The winners of the Enescu Competition will receive financial prizes, masterclasses and will benefit of international publicity. The winning work from the Composition Section of this year’s Enescu Competition will be performed at the Opening Gala of the Enescu Competition 2022.
Best of luck!
Zygmunt Krauze – President of the Jury
What is important to know before completing the online application form?
- UPDATE: The George Enescu International Competition extends its application submission deadline until May 1, 2020, due to the ongoing crisis caused by COVID-19 pandemic worldwide, holding on to the hope that in September 2020, when scheduled, the situation will be sufficiently stable, both internationally and in Romania, to allow the competition to unfold. You can find more details in the press release (click here).
- The online application submission deadline is April 15 2020.
- The Composition section has a new prize for originality, worth 5.000 EUR.
- Candidates can opt for symphonic or chamber music, and the works’ duration for both sections must be minimum 10 minutes and maximum 30 minutes.
- The participating works must be new (they must not have been presented in public before). Otherwise, they will be disqualified..
- Before completing the Registration Form, we invite you to carefully study the Registration Rules and the Program of the Competition and to thorougly prepare yourself for one of the most beautiful experiences you will take part in!
- George Enescu 2020 International Competition Extends Application Deadline
- Novelties of the Edition and new prizes offered to the winners by great personalities in the musical field