The repertoire included in the registration form by the competitor is final and cannot be altered. Competitors may present their choice of works in any order, in each round. All works shall be performed by memory, except the violin and piano sonatas and the works composed by George Enescu.
1. J.S. Bach – a work chosen by the competitor among:
– Adagio and Fugue from Solo Violin Sonata in G minor
– Grave and Fugue from Solo Violin Sonata in A minor
– Ciaccona from Partita in D minor
– Adagio and Fugue from Solo Violin Sonata in C major
2. Mozart – the 1st movement with Cadenza from one of the following Violin Concertos:
– no. 3 in G major KV 216
– no. 4 in D major KV 218
– no. 5 in A major KV 219
3. Paganini: one Caprice chosen by competitor
1. A work chosen by competitor among:
– Schubert – Rondo Brillant for violin and piano in B minor D 895/Op.70
– Schubert – Fantasy for violin and piano in C major D 934
– Beethoven – Any sonata for violin and piano
2. Enescu: Menétrier (The Fiddler) – the opening movement of the “Impressions d’enfance” Suite, op 28.
3. One complete work for solo violin or violin and piano chosen by competitor which should not exceed the second round program duration.
ARTEXIM: Bucureşti, România, Calea Victoriei nr. 155, bl. D1, sc. 8, et. 2, tel:+40 21 317 80 81, fax:+40 21 311 0200, e-mail: [email protected] Member of the: European Festival Association, World Federation of International Music Competitions, International Artists Manager Association www.festivalenescu.ro
Semifinal (with piano)
1. A sonata chosen by competitor among:
– Brahms – Sonata no 1 in G major op 78, Sonata no 2 in A major op 100 or Sonata no 3 in D minor op 108
– Franck – Sonata in A minor
– Fauré – Sonata no 1 in A major op 13 or Sonata no 2 in E minor op 108
– Grieg – Sonata no 3 in C minor op 45
– Ravel – Sonata no 1 in A major (op posthumous) or Sonata no 2 in G major
– Hindemith – Sonata no 1 in E flat major op 11
– Debussy – Sonata in G minor L148
– Strauss – Sonata in E flat major op 18
2. Enescu: A complete work chosen by competitor among:
− Sonata no. 2 for piano and violin in F minor Op. 6
− Sonata no. 3 for piano and violin in A minor Op. 25 “Dans le caractère populaire roumain”
− Suite for violin and piano Op.28 “Impressions d’enfance”
3. A virtuoso work chosen by competitor among the following composers: Sarasate, Paganini, Saint-Saëns, Ernst, Ravel, Wieniawski, Schnittke, Milstein, Waxman or Tchaikovsky.
Final – with orchestra
A concerto for violin and orchestra chosen by competitor among the following composers: Enescu (Sonata for Violin no. 3 op. 25 “En caractere populaire roumain”– Orchestral Version, arr. Valentin Doni), Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Paganini, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Sibelius, Prokofiev, Shostakovich (no 1), Lalo (Symphonie Espagnole), Bruch, Khatchaturian, Dvorak, Elgar, or Bartók (no 1).