Keeping your personal data confidential is one of the main concerns of ARTEXIM, the organizer of the George Enescu International Festival, based in Bucharest, as data controller.
This document is aimed at informing you about the processing of your personal data, when using the website www.festivalenescu.ro.
- Categories of personal data processed
If you visit the Website www.festivalenescu.ro, ARTEXIM will process the personal data you directly provide when using the Website, such as the data you provide in the contact section, if you choose to contact us.
III. Purposes and grounds for processing
If you visit the Website www.festivalenescu.ro, ARTEXIM will process your personal data as follows:
- To enhance user experience when browsing the website.
- Newsletter. You may express your consent to the processing of your data for this purpose by filling in and ticking the appropriate box in the newsletter signup form available on the Website. To unsubscribe from such commercial communications, you can use the option at the end of each e-mail. To send the newsletter and to administer the e-mail database, we use MailChimp.com (please visit MailChimp.com Confidentiality Policy)
- To monitor traffic through Google Analytics.
- For the registration of participants in the George Enescu International Competition. When you fill in the registration form for one of the competition section, you will be required to provide personal data (surname, given name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address, passport/ID information), as well as information necessary for carrying out financial transactions (card number, expiry date and other specific details) for paying the registration fee and/or receiving the prize. Details about the participants’ bio, interests and other activities, country of origin, sex, age, personal website, links to social networks, testimonials about the Competition, as well as other specific information, may also be required. Also, the participants will provide personal information (contact details) of professors by the reference letters required for registration. Biographical information will be used to promote the competition (website, social networks, interviews). Financial information (banking details) will be used by the Competition team to prepare documents (contracts, payments, etc.).
- Contact Form. If you use the contact form, you will fill in your name and e-mail address. We will only use such data to respond to your message.
You are free to choose whether or not to provide your data for the abovementioned purposes. If you choose not to consent to the processing of your data for this purpose, this will not have a negative impact on you. If you register for the Competition, your refusal to provide the required information will lead to your inability to register.
- Duration of processing
As a rule, ARTEXIM will process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the abovementioned processing purposes.
If you withdraw your consent with respect to the processing of your data for marketing purposes, ARTEXIM will stop processing your personal data for this purpose, however, this will not affect the processing carried out by ARTEXIM based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
- Disclosure of personal data
In order to fulfill its data processing purposes, ARTEXIM may disclose your data to its partners, third parties or entities which support the performance of our activity by means of the Website (e.g. courier services, IT service providers), or any central/local public authorities, in the following cases, listed for exemplification purposes:
- for managing the Website;
- if such disclosure is required for the award of prizes or other facilities to the data subjects, obtained as a result of their participation in different promotional campaigns organized by ARTEXIM on its Website;
- for maintaining, customizing and improving the Website and services rendered through it;
- for performing data analysis, testing and research, monitoring usage and activity trends, developing safety features and user authentication;
- for delivering marketing communications, pursuant to and within the limits set forth under the law;
- when the disclosure of personal data is set forth under the law, etc.
- Transfer of personal data
The personal data provided to ARTEXIM may be transferred outside of Romania, but only to UE Member States.
VII. Your rights
Based on the data protection laws, as a data subject, you benefit from the following rights:
- the right to information, i.e. the right to receive information about the processing activities carried out by ARTEXIM, as described hereunder;
- the right to access your data, i.e. the right to obtain confirmation from ARTEXIM with respect to the processing of your data, as well as details regarding the processing activities, such as the way in which your data are processed, the purposes of such processing, the recipients or categories of receipts of your data, etc.;
- the right to rectification, i.e. the right to obtain the correction, without any unjustified delay, by ARTEXIM of inaccurate/unjustified personal data, as well as the supplementation of incomplete data; Such rectification/supplementation will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data were sent, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
- the right to erasure of data, without any unjustified delay, (“the right to be forgotten”), if one of the following reasons is applicable:
- they are no longer needed to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
- if consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- if the data subject objects to processing and there are no other overriding legitimate grounds;
- if the personal data were processed illegally;
- if the personal data must be deleted so as to comply with a legal obligation;
- the personal data were collected in relation to the offering of information society services based on the European Union law or national law applicable to the controller.
It is possible that, following a data deletion request, ARTEXIM may make such data anonymous (thus, removing their personal nature) and continue their processing for statistical purposes;
- the right to restrict processing if:
- the data subject challenges the accuracy of the data, for a period which allows us to verify the accuracy of such data;
- the data processing is illegal, and the data subject objects to the deletion of the personal data, requesting the restriction of their use instead;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for processing, but the data subject requires them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- the data subject objected to the processing of his/her data (other than for direct marketing purposes), for the period of time during which it is verified whether the controller’s legitimate rights override the data subject’s rights.
- the right to data portability, i.e. (i) the right to receive the data in a structured, commonly used and readable format, as well as (ii) the right that such data be transmitted by ARTEXIM to another data controller, to the extent that the requirements set forth under the law are met;
- the right to object – as concerns processing activities, it may be exercised by sending a request, as set out hereunder:
- at any time, on grounds relating to the data subject’s particular situation, that the data concerning him/her be processed based on the legitimate interest of ARTEXIM or based on public interest, unless ARTEXIM may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- at any time, free of charge and without any justification, that the data concerning him/her be processed for direct marketing purposes.
- the right not to be subject to an automated individual decision, i.e. the right not to be subject to a decision made based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning the data subject or similarly significantly affects the data subject;
- the right to refer to the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing or the competent courts of law, if deemed necessary.
For any further questions about how your personal data are processed and for exercising your rights as mentioned above, please send an e-mail to the following address: [email protected].