2. What are cookies?
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and similar technologies used to automatically collect information.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which is stored on a user’s computer, mobile device or other equipment used to access the Internet.
Cookies are installed through a browser-based web-server request (e.g.: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed cookies have a limited lifespan, remaining “passive”, in that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user’s equipment on which they were installed.
A cookie consists of two elements: cookie name and cookie content or value.
Technically, only the web server which sent the cookie may re-access it when a user returns to the website associated with the respective web server.
3. For what purposes are cookies used by this website:
Cookies are used to provide the users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each and every user, i.e. for:
- improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors which occur during its visiting/use by users;
- providing anonymous statistics about how this website is used to ARTEXIM, as the owner of this website;
- anticipating potential products which will be further made available to users by this website, based on the services/products accessed.
Based on the feedback sent by cookies about how this website is used, ARTEXIM may take actions to make this website more efficient and more accessible to its users.
- language in which the website is viewed;
- facilitating access to user accounts;
- posting of comments on the website.
4. What is the lifespan of cookies?
The lifespan of cookies may significantly vary based on their purpose. There are some categories of cookies which also determine their lifespan:
- Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie which is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent cookie” or “fixed cookie” is a cookie which remains stored on the user’s device until it reaches its expiration date (which can be a couple of minutes, days or years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time by using the browser’s settings.
5. What are third party cookies?
Some of the website’s content sections may be provided by third parties, i.e. not ARTEXIM, in which case these cookies are called third party cookies.
The third parties providing the cookies must also comply with the data protection rules and the Confidentiality Policy available on this website.
These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics, Facebook.
6. What cookies does this website use?
When using/browsing this website, the following cookies may be placed:
- Website performance cookies;
b. User analysis cookies;
c. Geotargeting cookies;
d. Registration cookies;
e. Advertising cookies;
f. Advertising provider cookies.
a. Performance cookies
This type of cookies are used to remember the preferences of the users of this website, so that the resetting of preferences when revisiting this website is no longer required.
b. User analysis cookies
These cookies tell us whether a user visited/used this website before. They are used only for statistical purposes.
c. Geotargeting cookies
These cookies are used by a software which determines the country of origin of the website’s users. The same ads will be received irrespective of the selected language.
d. Registration cookies
When you register on this website, cookies which remember this action are generated. Servers use these cookies to show us the account with which you are registered. Also, the use of these cookies allows us to associate any comment posted on the website with the username of the used account. If the option “keep me logged in” is not selected, these cookies will be automatically deleted when you finish browsing.
e. Advertising cookies
These cookies enable us to keep track of whether a user viewed an online ad, the type of ad and the time passed from the ad viewing. Therefore, such cookies are used for online targeted advertising. These cookies are anonymous and store information about the viewed content and not about users.
7. What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies keep information in a small text file which allows browser recognition. This website recognizes a browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
8. Customization of browser settings in terms of cookies
If you don’t mind cookies and the computer or device used for browsing this website is only used by you, you can set longer expiry periods for storing your browsing history.
If the computer or device used for browsing this website is used by several persons, you can consider setting it to delete individual browsing data each time the browser is closed.
9. How can you disable cookies?
Disabling and refusing to accept cookies can make this website difficult to visit and may limit the extent of its use.
Users may configure their browser to reject cookies or accept cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers allow the changing of cookie settings. These settings may be generally accessed under the section “options” or in the “preference” menu of your browser.
However, refusing to accept or disabling cookies does not mean that you will not be getting online ads – it only means that you will not be getting ads tailored to your preferences and interests, as shown by your browsing behavior.
To understand these settings, the following lings may be useful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
For any further questions concerning how cookies are used on this website, please send an e-mail to: [email protected].