Tickets and Subscriptions Will Go On Sale in June 2021
Pandemic Might Change Our Plans
We are both happy and honored that you are interested in attending the concerts of the 25th edition of the George Enescu International Festival, between August 28 and September 26, 2021. Just like every other part of our lives, the pandemic has also impacted the way the Enescu Festival will be organized this year, concerning both the artistic program and concert access.
We love music enough to strive to organize onsite concert experiences for our public. But we also love people, so we mustn’t endanger the lives and health of those who would participate – audience, musicians, journalists, organizers. For this reason, we are currently working on several scenarios for the various ways in which one could enjoy the 2021 Enescu Festival concerts.
We are well prepared for and well aware that changes to the Program and the events may occur up to the very last moment – and we ask you to please consider this as well. We refuse, however, to give up and we ask the same of you.
For now, we provide general information so that you can timely plan your purchase of tickets and subscriptions. We intend to begin the sale in June 2021. At that moment we will also communicate the corresponding prices.
Online and Onsite Concerts
Our objective is to organize audience-attended concerts for all four Series of the Festival. However, access into the concert halls will be limited concerning the number of persons allowed and conditioned by the observing of due sanitary rules, which ensure that everyone’s health is safeguarded. We will communicate the acceptable number of occupied seats in the concert halls once we know what scenario we will be working on in the autumn. Access to these concerts will be possible with subscriptions and tickets going on sale on the Enescu Festival website and on that of Eventim.
Aside from onsite concerts, audiences all over the world will be able to watch the concerts online, on www.festivalenescu.ro. These concerts will be offered in a pay-per-view system, with all revenues going towards the defrayal of organization expenses. Tickets and subscriptions for online Festival concerts will also be available on www.eventim.ro. Buyers will receive an access link to the concert/s for which they have purchased tickets.
Since the number of seats will be limited, the sale of Festival subscriptions we will launch in June, in cooperation with our ticketing partner Eventim, will be Ballot-based. The exact date of the drawing will be communicated in due course on our platforms and the media.
How will the Ballot work? Lovers of classical music who wish to buy Festival subscriptions will register via a form according to the information published by us at the end of May. The Ballot itself will be electronic, relying entirely on the random.org output, with no possibility for human intervention to interfere with the algorithm that selects the winners.
The Festival team has opted for this Ballot-based campaign to ensure equal chances to all those who wish to purchase subscriptions for the 2021 Enescu Festival concerts.
After the drawing, tickets for both concert-hall access and pay-per-view streaming will go on general sale.
What Can You Do Until the Subscription Registration and Ticket Sale Start?
- Choose the concerts you want to attend. You can find the full Program of the 2021 Enescu Festival on the Festival website. You can view the Program by accessing this link or browse by Series via the dedicated link here.
- Create an account on the Eventim website. It’s simple and only takes a minute to fill in your information so that when we launch the Ballot registrations you are prepared. The Eventim website also allows you to turn on the Ticket Alarm, which will notify you before the launch.
- Follow the News page of the Festival website and our Facebook account. We regularly publish information about the musicians who will be present at the Festival, about the program changes, as well as the latest on the subscription ballot and ticket sale.
- Follow this webpage to keep up-to-date with all the information about online viewing.
- Subscribe to the Festival Newsletter to receive in your inbox the latest news concerning the Program, artists, events, and others.