George Enescu tours in Creative Bucharest at the 2017 edition of the Enescu Festival
Between 2 and 24 September, Cultour Association organises a series of urban walks in the footsteps of the great musician and composer George Enescu. The tours are aimed to pedestrians and cyclists alike, and they are part of the Creative Bucharest series of events at the 2017 edition of the Enescu Festival.
Throughout these tours, the audience will learn new information about the music career and the personal life of the composer George Enescu. The tours are organised in partnership with Raiffeisen Bank.
The pedestrian tours dedicated to George Enescu start in front of the Romanian Athenaeum, and the bike tours start at the Raiffeisen Bank House, located in George Enescu Square, and they take the audience along the streets of Enescu’s Bucharest – the Royal Palace, George Enescu Street, “George Enescu” Museum are just some of the attractions.
Aside from these, the audience can also visit the interactive installations in Creative Bucharest: the Glass Orchestra – an interactive installation, created by the artist Iulia Năstase, consisting of 30 life-size glass instruments, which visitors can “conduct” using a multimedia installation, the Enescu 360 digital exhibition, which allows visitors to see the museums dedicated to George Enescu in other cities in Romania, using virtual reality, at the “George Enescu” National Museum. Each tour includes a free visit of the “George Enescu” National Museum.
Both pedestrian and bike tours are free of charge. Bike tours require registration and they have a limited number of available bikes.
The tour’s programme is the following:
- 2-3 September, 9-10 September, 16-17 September, 23-24 September (on every weekend day).
- Pedestrian tours: on Saturdays and Sundays, between 11.00 and 14.00. Starting point: in front of the Romanian Athenaeum.
- Pedestrian tours: on Saturdays and Sundays, between 16.00 and 19.00. Starting point: in front of the “George Enescu” National Museum;
* No prior registration is required, but the audience can announce their participation by sending us a message;
- Bike tours: on Saturdays and Sundays, between 16.00 and 19.00 (registration begins at 15.30). Starting point: Raiffeisen House, in George Enescu Square.
*Participation requires prior registration at this link.
The project is organised by Cultour Association, in partnership with Raiffeisen Bank and I’velo, under the aegis of Creative Bucharest, within the George Enescu Festival.
Translation provided by Biroul de Traduceri Champollion