Tickets and Season Subscriptions for the 2020 Enescu Competition’s Online Concerts Go on Sale on July 14, 2020
The George Enescu International Competition launches on July 14, 2020, at 12.00, the sale of tickets and season subscriptions for watching live online concerts and recitals that will be organized in this year’s edition. Following that, the organizers will decide in August, together with the relevant authorities, whether and how the audience will be granted access to the Athenaeum Hall.
“The moment when tickets and season subscriptions for live-streamed online 2020 Enescu Competition’s concerts and recitals are going on sale is truly special to us. It rewards the extraordinary efforts made so far to organize the Competition despite the COVID-19 pandemic that affected the cultural and artistic life worldwide, leading so often to the cancellation of numerous high-profile events. It is also a validation of the promise made by organizers this year, which is to bring beauty to life through music. In the current context of uncertainty and insecurity, it is more important than ever to make room for beauty in our lives no matter how unattainable it may seem at first sight,” said Oana Marinescu, Communications Director of the George Enescu International Festival and Competition.
The tickets and season subscriptions will be available for purchase on www.festivalenescu.ro through Eventim platform or directly on Eventim website at this link. A purchased ticket or subscription will allow the viewer to give access to concerts to a number of three different IPs. Pupils, students, and teachers from music schools, high-schools and universities will have free access, based on a mechanism that will be announced later.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Full Season Subscription, covering 28 classical music events (Opening Gala, Violin Final, Cello Final, and Piano Final Gala, 6 extraordinary guest artists Recitals, the Second Stage and the Semifinal of each Section of the Competition) – 99 lei for three different IPs.
- Partial Season Subscription, covering 10 classical music events (Opening Gala; Violin, Cello, Piano Final Concerts; 6 extraordinary guest artists Recitals) – 89 lei for three different IPs.
- Individual Ticket – for one concert only (Opening Gala or one of the Violin, Cello, Piano Finals) or one extraordinary Recital – 29 lei for three different IPs.
The concerts will be live-streamed on the Enescu Competition platform, accessible on www.festivalenescu.ro from the beginning of the event. Access to the video platform is granted by using the access/activation code printed on the ticket. Each code is unique and consists of letters and numbers. For more details about how to purchase and use tickets, please contact Eventim Support Team by email at [email protected] or by phone at 0728 999 775, from Monday to Friday, from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
The decision regarding the audience’s possible presence in the Athenaeum Hall will be made in August, depending on the evolution of the health-crisis situation in Bucharest. The Enescu Competition organizers have taken all necessary measures to protect the health and safety of both artists coming to Romania and the audience.
The organizer reserves the right to change the format of some events and, as appropriate, to postpone or cancel certain events within the Enescu Competition, in case such measures would be necessary or desirable in the context generated by the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic. In any case, in case of cancellation of the Competition due to force majeure, ticket buyers will be fully reimbursed, just as the registration fees will be refunded to all competitors.
“If the public will have access to concerts in the Athenaeum Hall, attendees will be seated sparsely in the auditorium, according to a safety algorithm designed by Code for Romania. To ensure proper social distancing during concerts, a much smaller number of spectators will be allowed compared to the venue’s capacity. For this reason, we encourage music lovers to purchase tickets and season subscriptions for the live-streamed concerts online, to make sure they’ll enjoy the brave young competitors and the established guest artists. Every ticket and every subscription purchased represents a contribution not only to organizing the Enescu Competition, whose funds were diminished due to the pandemic but also to supporting the artists, who were severely affected by the COVID-19 crisis,” said Mihai Constantinescu, Executive Director of George Enescu International Festival and Competition.
Spectators who have already bought onsite tickets to the 2020 Enescu Competition concerts are asked to contact Eventim (at [email protected] or 0728 999 775), for the reimbursement of the ticket price or allocation of new seats, according to the optimal seating algorithm imposed by the rules of social distance.
This is the Beauty the 2020 Enescu Competition Brings into our Life:
- 21 extraordinary concerts and recitals performed by young musicians in 3 stages of the Competition live-streamed online, on 3 instruments – violin, cello, and piano – during 3 weeks, in the cultural heart of Bucharest – the Romanian Athenaeum;
- 272 young musicians from 41 countries participating in four Sections: violin, cello, piano, composition
- 4 international juries made up of recognized artists and academics;
- Opening Gala offers the audience two world premieres:
o Brahmsodia, Triple-concert for Violin, Cello and Piano, Op. 169, by Dan Dediu, commissioned by the Competition organizers.
o Concert for Clarinet and Orchestra, by Alexandru Murariu, winner of the Composition Section in 2018
- 6 winners of the Competition’s previous editions will perform – three in the Opening Gala Concert and the other three will give Recitals
- 3 extraordinary Recitals given by leading musicians of the moment, members of the juries:
- 4 internationally known conductors
- 4 special concerts, supported by the George Enescu Philharmonic: the Opening Gala (August 29, 2020) and the three Finals – Cello ( September 8), Violin (September 14), Piano ( September 20)
- 3 stages of the competition for 3 instruments (violin, cello, piano); international judging in the Composition Section and the emotions of young musicians who overcame the constraints of the pandemic to participate in the 2020 Enescu Competition
For the full program of the Competition please visit: https://www.festivalenescu.ro/program/
The complete lists of the competitors entering the Competition, in the three sections, can be found on www.festivalenescu.ro, in the Results section.
George Enescu Competition is an international platform for launching the future world-class musicians and for promoting the compositions of the great Romanian composer to the new generation of artists. It is thus a natural extension of the George Enescu Festival, the most important cultural event organized in Romania. This year’s edition of the Competition is scheduled to take place between August 29 and September 20, 2020. The Competition has four sections – violin, cello, piano, and composition – and the international standards according to which it is organized place it at the top of the hierarchy of events, developed in the landscape of classical music in Romania. This year’s edition has 28 concerts and recitals open to the general public.
Additional information for the press:
Oana Marinescu | 0741 278 737 | [email protected]